London based - Technical Software Consultant Required!
We are a rapidly growing and dynamic London based firm providing independent consultancy services and bespoke IT solutions to both top-tier and boutique investment clients within the private equity, real estate, pension advisory and retail industries. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated technical consultant with an IT or business systems related background to support our growing team. This role will provide the opportunity for successful candidates to ‘hit the ground running’ from day one and will be ideally suited to driven candidates with a proven technical competency who will be comfortable working face-to-face with our clients and actively contribute to the direction of our projects.
This role will provide a diverse variety of opportunity to get involved in all areas of our business from day one. Initially, the primary focus of this position will be to provide our clients with data extraction and report writing services. This will include gathering report requirements from clients, report design and delivery using a combination of SQL, a SAS based programming language (training provided) and Excel formulas and VBA macros. As your knowledge of our clients’ business develops, you will have the opportunity to complement our technical consultancy services.
This role will have the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with client business users and IT teams to gather and assist in defining detailed requirements and functional specifications for report requests.
- Develop and deliver reports through the use of SQL, SAS and Excel VBA (training provided).
- Report testing and reconciliation.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of delivery and assist in the enhancement of reporting methodologies.
- Ensure all work meets prescribed standards in design and quality.
- Document all work and communications to a high professional standard.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to ‘think outside the box’.
- Quick to grasp new concepts.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Understand concepts of database and systems architecture.
- Demonstrated awareness of programming techniques and methodology.
- MS Excel (Advanced) – A knowledge of excel formulas as well as a proficiency in writing VBA macros.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude – willingness to accept challenges and innovative approaches.
- Good time management and an ability to multi-task/balance parallel work streams
- Minimum 2.1 degree in an IT or business systems related discipline.
- A team player who is able to work independently
- Strong organisational & interpersonal skills
- Experience of Investment banking, Private Equity or Real Estate investment.
- Experience of working on a software project.
Experience of specific software is not a pre-requisite and full training will be provided on the technologies used.
- Permanent position with a competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private healthcare
Please apply by sending your CV to Bertie Heyman at email@example.com.